THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use it on pork and poultry and buy it 5 lbs at a time! I have found it to be salty though, if I use too much, so I don't use as much as I may of another brand of rub. But I really like the flavor.

I'd like to find some other ingredients I could add to cut the saltiness a bit (other than sugar - I don't care for rubs that are too sweet) and keep it tasting somewhat similar without the extra salt.

I have used it on chicken & pork and it's good for both. I actually find it a bit mild for my taste. Bovine Bold is good for pork and beef. I buy it in small quantities at my local Bass Pro Shop to keep it fresh. It's a little pricey, so I usually reserve it for special occasions. My everyday fallback rubs are Bolner's Fiesta rubs from HEB, but they seem saltier than Plowboys to me, so I use them more sparingly.

Still no poultry. Because the pavilion is made kaput by winter, today's weather conditions prevent this weekends 'Q'in. :sad:

But how about a nice large Yardbird parmesan omelet for breakfast?

parmesan_yardbird_omelet_zpsf7cf05a6.jpg

parmesan_yardbird_omelet_closeup_zps8476fa2a.jpg

Yardbird on parmesan gives a really nice flavor profile, which even the kids like.

Back