THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks great Ty! Are you using the stone on a raised grate or is the grate on the platesetter?
I saw a cast iron skillet with small molded handles that would fit perfect in the Large, I was thinking it might work great for pizza if I invert it on the platesetter and heat the stone on top of it, Rick and Wayne, any thoughts?

Brian

try it, mon! what have you got to lose?
if it works... we'll all try it.

i get my large egg a week from today. i built his transporter unit today and gave it a coat of paint :biggrin:

Last edited:
Lets see it.

you must wait till i get more paint on it tomorrow. it's basically a 2x4 crate with plywood for the bottom. then you turn it over when you get there and the bottom is the top and you have a little table. the plan is to bungee the egg in the transporter and put the whole thing in a hitch rack on the back of my tahoe. i should be able to take the large and the medium like that.

you must wait till i get more paint on it tomorrow. it's basically a 2x4 crate with plywood for the bottom. then you turn it over when you get there and the bottom is the top and you have a little table. the plan is to bungee the egg in the transporter and put the whole thing in a hitch rack on the back of my tahoe. i should be able to take the large and the medium like that.

I use this kind of a transporter. Got it at Cap'n Kirks yard sale. :mrgreen:

Fark! And I just saw Madhatter the other day and meant to ask him about transporting his Eggs on the hitch rack!
I think he got a First Place in Chicken at Chehalis too!

Brian

Heres the results. The Egg settled in about 600 degrees. About 8 minutes and it was done. I need a pizza peel so I can cook direct on the stone. The bottom didn't crisp up on the screen. Bought some fresh mozzarelaand fresh bread to make garlic bread.

You know where to go for the peel. Let me know if they have the little 8" pizza pans in stock. :cool:

Lets see it.

i give you
the egg transporter by rick's tropical delight :biggrin:

transporterbyrtd-001.jpg

shown here in it's table configuration. flip it over, rotate the arm, and the
the large should fit right in there nicely. strap with a couple bungees and you're on your way.

*energize*

Rick, you're a braver man than me. I wouldn't trust transporting an egg on the receiver hitch.

i'm not sure i trust it either. we'll see how it looks. i can use this transport for the large or medium and slide it in the back of the tahoe if anything

Back