THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robertm

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
ROBERT
First attempt at pizza on the LSG 20x42. A factor in why I went with LSG is the ability to cook on the fire box. The desire is for the offset to replicate everything I do on the egg.

Homemade pizza is a labor of love. 3 days before eating the dough is made. The sauce is better if that's done a day ahead so flavors meld. Low moisture whole milk moz is the best cheese but not available at typical groceries so that's a trip to separate store. Day of the meal cheese needs to be grated, all meats precooked and all veggies cut to size.

Back to the cook. Like anything else, cooking on the firebox is a bit of a learning curve. Leaving the griddle plate in place radiates the heat back down on top of the pie pretty well. It's quick/easy to lift it up to check the top of the pie too.

2 pizzas turned out excellent. One got too crispy (burned) on bottom. Overall excellent results though and I learned a lot. This isn't much more work than the egg and I think with another cook or two it will be about equivalent.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

Last edited:
Back