THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been a while since I've done pizza. A while longer since I've done hand tossed pies. Had fresh sausage, pepperoni and a block of mozzarella so I got to it.

Sausage pie first

v9mMBNNh.jpg

bgJvGvYh.jpg

3 mins later

u585lVZh.jpg

Pepperoni pie next

KN3ceyhh.jpg

Again 3 mins later

XzktDE5h.jpg

Love the char on the edges :hungry:

gdeGKEjh.jpg

Ready

mDauFuoh.jpg

Nice crust, chewy dough and stringy cheese :clap2:

Km8ogyph.jpg

Nothing better the air bubbles when you hand toss the dough

1mpnGTHh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice pies Saco. I see you baked in a Blackstone pizza oven? So happens that I just scored one off Craigslist today. What stone temp did you use?

Dang that Blackstone .... !!!! Nice !!!!

Thanks Mike!

I farking love that thing. So bummed they're were discontinued only because of the support after the sale. I know some people had issues but I've never had a problem in going on 8 years with mine except replacing a roti motor a year ago.

Beautiful pizza, Sako. Both of them! :clap2:

Makes a huge difference using raw sausage vs cooked, doesn't it?

Nice pies Saco. I see you baked in a Blackstone pizza oven? So happens that I just scored one off Craigslist today. What stone temp did you use?

Nice score George! You're going to love that thing. I used to temp the stone with my IR gun as the temp gauge is inaccurate on the BS oven but I've found the sweet spot for consistent pies. I pre heat for about 15-20 then dial it at 500* exactly on the BS temp gauge. I crank out pies every 3-4 mins depending on dough thickness. Last time I check with the IR gun I was 650-700* stone temp.

Oh and it doubles as a salamander for searing or broiling. Can't say enough things about this oven

O5u7HFeh.jpg

I've also made amazing wings in it

YbGTNCGh.jpg

uYPOqxvh.jpg

Beautiful pizza, Sako. Both of them! :clap2:

Makes a huge difference using raw sausage vs cooked, doesn't it?

Thanks Richard!

Yep! Night and day. I used to pre cook the fresh sausage but now I just make the balls and put it on raw. They cook up real nice and the sear on they get from the flame is :hungry:

excellent!, what did you put on for sauce?

Thanks Mike!

Homemade sauce with sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, red pepper, dry basil, oregano. Ran it in the blender. I tend to sauce lightly so I brushed the sauce on.

How did Shiz-nit get post # 1 in your thread, Sako?? :crazy:

All that food is killing!

Thanks brother!

:laugh::laugh:

Just noticed. Something weird is going on with the site. I tried to reply to a post and it told me to wait 2734 seconds before I post again because I posted 20 seconds ago:confused::confused::confused:

Got kicked out for a bit also.

Mighty Fine Neighbor. We love ours also and it gets used in spurts it seems.

Keep thinking I want to weld a steel basket to hold wood chunks at the flame for a wood fired addition.

Mighty Fine Neighbor. We love ours also and it gets used in spurts it seems.

Keep thinking I want to weld a steel basket to hold wood chunks at the flame for a wood fired addition.

Thanks neighbor!

I've thought about that too but or using a pellet tray or something but for me when it burns at baking temps, the char it gives the dough gives me the smoky flavor I'm looking for. I can literally taste the smoke.

Back