THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yep, I myself make my own homemade dough as well, but I used to work at a bakery for a long while in my youth so I think it's a lot of fun. I think I'll actually drag out my new camera and take some pics when I do my pizza cooks. If I ever do go store bought I'm definitely checking into Trader Joe's crust, seems to be popular.

http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/T/272.htm I use the recipe here, as it's the one that works best for me when I'm making six pies at a time. Which is every time I cook for the family, and usually it ends up being nine pies.

As strange as this will sound, Wal-Mart has a really good pizza dough. That and good hot jalapenos are the two advantages Wally World has over competitors.

Here's an easy pizza dough I got from one of the Brethren or Sisteren (Maybe Rossinventura):

1- .25 oz. packet of active yeast (not self rising)
1/4 tsp. sugar
3/4 c. 110* water
1 3/4 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine yeast, sugar and water and let sit 10 min.

At this point you can prepare your fire.

In a large bowl, combine 1/2 of the flour, salt and yeast mixture w/ a fork.

add remainder of flour to form dough and knead for 2 min.

Oil (w/ olive oil) and let rest in a covered bowl while you get your coals ready and nice and hot and set your bricks and stone.

At this point you can form dough onto a floured surface or peel for the grill OR a oiled pizza pan for the oven.

rub w/ olive oil and add toppings.

I love this crust and how easy it is to make.

Have fun and eat good!

Back