THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

edapp

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Ed
I am in the process of building an outdoor fireplace/kitchen/living space at my home. I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to put out there as to make cooking more enjoyable. Will have a built in gas grill, my memphis pro pellet grill, and and looking for a wood burning/charcoal grill to add as well (see other thread).

We will be building a masonry fireplace and I have been looking for simple ideas like adding cooking grates to the fire box and replicate a santa maria style grill. Anyone done this or similar? Would love to see some pictures of what you have come up with! I am a little worried that the grease and mess in the firebox would make it not worth the effort... but at the same time the ability to smoke over a fire and sear over the coals would be real nice.

Back