THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice work on that. We made French dips the other night but just smoked the EOR on the pellet machine to 130 then rest.

You know, I hadn't thought of sous vide eye of the round, but now that you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense. I'm surprised you only cooked it for 2.5 hours that way. I would have thought 5-7 to get some of the tougher connective tissue in that cut to break down (much like doing a top round/london broil).

You know, I hadn't thought of sous vide eye of the round, but now that you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense. I'm surprised you only cooked it for 2.5 hours that way. I would have thought 5-7 to get some of the tougher connective tissue in that cut to break down (much like doing a top round/london broil).
I was thinking the same. I will say though, I have tried sous vide with eye round at 132.5 for 24 hours back in the day when sous vide came out and it was a bad idea, lol. Was mushy and dry. Mealy in texture. But i think 4-7 hours would help tenderize without making it dry and mealy.

Another 1-2 hours would have probably been good.
But it was also the smallest piece I could find

Back