THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the well-deserved win. I've only entered a few times and never have won, but did come in second to Sako in the PBCAT Anniversary Throwdown, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Congrats on the well-deserved win. I've only entered a few times and never have won, but did come in second to Sako in the PBCAT Anniversary Throwdown, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Thanks Bob....and yes I remember. That was a fine looking meal you made. Plus you pushed me to third! :mmph:....lol.:mrgreen:

That was a great entry Andrew. Congrats!

Majority of my wins are with the PBC. :biggrin1:

Thanks! Yeah I've seen you win quite a few TDs using the PBC. I love PBC wings so when I saw the wings TD I knew I was gonna enter! :mrgreen:

I lost my nerve.
I tried running the PBC without a thermometer monitoring pit temp—first time ever. Just a little wing cook, but still counts, right? I got my confidence together, gave myself a pep talk, whispered to my PBC and started the cook without the therm! Wooohooo! Training wheels are off!

But I worried and frowned and muttered and kept walking outside just to stare at the cooker....and...I...gave in. I put a therm in when I turned the wings. Phooey. Pit temp was fine (of course). I’m not a worrier by nature—just the opposite, actually. But apparently this is a weakness for me. Grrrr.

Training wheels back on.

I was planning on pulling it for pulled beef. seems like I’d heard it only takes 2-3 hours hanging to get it to 160s, then wrap for another 1-2 hours to get it pullable. Does that sound about right?

I was planning on pulling it for pulled beef. seems like I’d heard it only takes 2-3 hours hanging to get it to 160s, then wrap for another 1-2 hours to get it pullable. Does that sound about right?

I’m curious when u wrap will you adding bbq sauce? Or do u add it after it’s pullable?

I love pulled chuck in bbq sauce...only I add root beer instead of beef broth.

BTW, I did a pulled chuck over the weekend...took 3 hours to get to 160...then another 3 in liquid to get fork tender....tough old cow.

Just remember it's done when it's done.

That's what I keep trying to tell my wife. And yes I'm talking about cooking!

Took forever for my one-time chuckie experience for it to get fork tender as well. Was good eats when all said and done though.

From what I've seen on here, STL has done some killer pulled chuckies. I want to take another swing at it but it is too difficult to go to Costco and pay more per pound for a chuckie than for a prime brisket.

Looking forward to the results, KC.

A friend of mine has a little chicken joint, he wanted to step it up for his super bowl menu. After seeing my pbc in action he ordered one. Added “smoked brisket” to his super bowl menu. I told him I would help him with making some great brisket. So I’m asking here if he does 3-4 packers on his pbc will it hold up? Will the temp hold with so
much meat in there? What do u guys think, is this a bad idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back