Your image isn't showing up dads....
Thanks.
Bumping the Spirit of the Brethren post again doesn't work for some people, sadly.
54f78b24f48daafb20481cdbd20124d4_you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-meme-inigo-montoya_625-351.jpeg

Tri tip for me only takes about an hour on the PBC to get to 120 or so. Then I throw it on the Weber to get a good sear and pull it around 135 and let it rest up to 140.

Do you have a remote thermometer?

I actually bought one and tried a tri-tip this weekend and failed miserably. It wasnt as user friendly as you all made it seem. I set it and forgot it apparently for too long.
0121161325_zpsuxjc2rwt.jpg

lol, it's still a good idea to monitor the internal temp of the meat/dish you're cooking. i don't monitor my temps of the PBC, but always monitor the meat.

Dang! That sucks. If one can't make it with the PBC then bbq is just not for them honestly. Oven is their best friend. Hopefully.

I actually bought one and tried a tri-tip this weekend and failed miserably. It wasnt as user friendly as you all made it seem. I set it and forgot it apparently for too long.
0121161325_zpsuxjc2rwt.jpg

Man, if there were only two people I wanted to own a PBC, it was you and Jeanie. I know you're going to be kicking some arse with it Norm. :thumb:

Down to one now. :becky:

Cowgirl, I know you are watching! I gotta say I'm with Sako on this one....:becky:

Thanks Sako, it's yours and others cooks on here that made up my mind. I'll have to do some reading now to hopefully turn out some decent Q. :)

I know jeanie has a drum but not sure what kind. I really shouldn't have bought one but there's no one here to keep me in check! Plus you folks have shown what it can do and that's all I needed to see.

Who's this dude that keeps dissing it, a competitor to it perhaps?

Thanks Sako, it's yours and others cooks on here that made up my mind. I'll have to do some reading now to hopefully turn out some decent Q. :)

I know jeanie has a drum but not sure what kind. I really shouldn't have bought one but there's no one here to keep me in check! Plus you folks have shown what it can do and that's all I needed to see.

Who's this dude that keeps dissing it, a competitor to it perhaps?

With the kind of stuff you do I say you'll be more than fine. We'd probably learn from you.

Some dude that resurfaces and grumbles on here time to time because he can't perform. With his PBC. A form of taking out his frustration I suppose. :noidea:

Ps Jeanie's got two 55 drum IIRC. I know one is stainless Big Poppa kitted from what I remember.

Norm, if you read though all 400 pages you will see the PBC has regularly had someone or another popping in to throw mud. We just keep on cooking and putting out great meals and try to ignore it, with occasional support from the mods...

Now, generally the first suggestion for an inaugural PBC cook is chicken. I did ribs too on my first cook. Both turned out great.

And from the looks of it, it doesn't look like tri tip. If it is, then a the pointy edge has been cut and consumed which is clear bluff on SG's part of owning or cooking or ruining a tri tip with the PBC.

20150413_221103.jpg

Last edited:
Back