THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all, been reading this thread for awhile

I got a PBC in 2015 and can count on 2 hands the number of times I've used it since then (blasphemy I know!). I'm looking at ramping up use of it this year. I am interested in the PartyQ and I'm curious as to people's opinions on it.

I'm very happy with my PartyQ. I can easily dial in temps lower and much higher than what is possible in stock form. The temps are also very stable. Grab one!

Hey guys, on amazon they're selling an IQ110/IQ120 temp regulator for the PBC.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dkitchen&field-keywords=Temperature+Regulator+Kit+for+Pit+Barrel+Cooker+[/ame]

Id the 120 worth the extra $60? Is the temp controllers different? Is the 120 only $60 more because of the LCD screen?

Also should one go for the partyQ? Is that overall a better system, than the IQs?

i did a 9 pounder for super bowl. i didn't hang it cause it's a pain i have a hard time finding a good method of hooking the meat with the big bone-in shoulder. i just put it on the rack for 4hrs. wrapped and took another 3hrs to bring it to 200. i don't add liquid to the wrap. there's plenty of juice in the shoulder to keep it moist. pulled and wrapped in a towel, set in cooler for 1.5hrs. one of the best shoulders i've done yet.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Next time I will start out sooner, no juice, and actually let it rest.

SMOKEGOD, apparently you don't understand the point of this thread. We've had this discussion before so I'm not sure what it is you don't understand.....Of your 8 total posts, all being in this thread, you've provided basically nothing pertaining to the PBC.

Either make a relevant post or post somewhere else please. I'm not going to ask politely again. After this I will get a mod involved.

Thank you.....

SMOKEGOD, apparently you don't understand the point of this thread. We've had this discussion before so I'm not sure what it is you don't understand.....Of your 8 total posts, all being in this thread, you've provided basically nothing pertaining to the PBC.

Either make a relevant post or post somewhere else please. I'm not going to ask politely again. After this I will get a mod involved.

Thank you.....

I did a test smoke, and it came out better than expected so I said I was going to throw some on some hooks. How is thought not relevant?

I only have a PBC so why would I post anywhere else? Keep up this attitude and I wont invite you to my Memorial Day BBQ.

I did a test smoke, and it came out better than expected so I said I was going to throw some on some hooks. How is thought not relevant?

I only have a PBC so why would I post anywhere else? Keep up this attitude and I wont invite you to my Memorial Day BBQ.

Saying you will throw some hooks on something doesn't automatically make it relevant. However I will take your word on it this time. Your post history in this thread is what has me cautious. That can change assuming we all stay on topic and remain friendly.

Thanks again....

Last edited:
Does the hand held smoker put off any heat? I'd be interested to see how the lettuce holds up in the heat of the PBS

No its a cool smoke. I am too. I love a grilled romaine salad so I am hoping it would be similar but with a little more smoke flavor than from the grill.

How do you even say something like that when you've never cooked on one :tsk:

Skip to 15:15. I don't know why the link doesn't embed right.

https://youtu.be/IxCqB8piYZs?t=15m14s

He must have heard from us because his video this week he asked Greg from Ballistic BBQ to talk about the PBC and answer questions. Good for Troy for going to someone who's used the PBC to answer questions

Edit: Wow looks like Troy bought one, maybe he'll come to Sako or Andrew for advice

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZDpNHKI6fW8[/ame]

Lol yep saw that. He bought one and I'm interested in his feedback. A lot of the you tubers get endorsements but Troy doesn't. He says he doesn't want to be obligated to anyone and I like that. :thumb: You get true feedback.

Back