Pig Candy, ABT's ala Cloink, Burgers and Corned Beef Brisket!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Now that I'm working 2nd shift and only off on Friday/Saturday I don't get to cook for the family as much as I'd like; So today I did a couple meals worth at once on the BDS 3143 Mega.

Bought a couple of Brisket Flats around St. Paddy's Day that were labeled "Corn Beef Brisket", but I though what the heck, I'll smoke em anyway. I used Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust on one, and Cow Lick Steak Rub on the other.
They came out fine, although a little salty. (A little salty is ok with me. HBP mod here). Next time I'll leach them in a soak and have pastrami...

The wife had made Chicken Fajita's for the boys one night last week, so I used the finely shredded remnants to mix with shredded cheese and make some ABT's. Not too bad once I had added some Apple and Rasberry Chipolte Rub to the Chicken.

I also made some Pig Candy using a Maple Rub from D-Dog's BBQ as a base, and then my mix of Brown Sugar, Simply Marvelous Rub and crushed Red Peppers. Tasty!

I also did my stuffed burgers for about a dozen folks, but I've posted them here before so won't bore you with the duplication of how I make them... For size info, they are about 5 inches square.

Thanks for looking in!

Attachments

• Candy, ABT, Brisket 001.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 002.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 002.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 019.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 019.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 003.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 004.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 018.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 018.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 017.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 017.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 016.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 016.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 011.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 011.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 012.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 012.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 163
I'd hit that! and I just had dinner! That corned beef looks interesting, What did it tstee like...errr, ummm, corned beef???

Good lookin' eats right there! And leftovers are good in ABTs or fatties :biggrin:.

Looks good Bro. Ya, you gotta soak that brisket.

And for what it's worth, I cook my pig candy using the same thing as you but I put a layer of alum. foil to make an easy clean up. :icon_cool

Back