THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wbzipf

Full Fledged Farker
Yesterday my wife and I took advantage of the 70f weather here in Delaware and had a nice picnic. I had just purchased a SJP for such an occasion and fired it up for the first time.

Put an avocado on the grill to bake. I followed the Weber recipe from a couple of weeks ago, sans onions, peppers, and cheese. I tried the full recipe and didn't care for the extras.

IMG_0155_zpsk609oqmt.jpg

When we picked up the seafood, I saw this crab dip stuffed portobello and had to add it.

IMG_0157_zpseh3b3onc.jpg

After cooking the portobello and the avocados for 25 minutes at 325-350f, I removed the mushroom, slid the avocado off of the direct heat, and started cooking the seafood. I should note that I marinaded the seafood (shrimp and scallops) in an EVOO, lime juice, garlic, and S&P mixture.

IMG_0146_zpsca0hymtc.jpg

IMG_0161_zps03jbnwkp.jpg

Here is the finished result.

caf927cc-d50d-45bc-9041-6c17ac230bd3_zpsimkr2mgh.jpg

We added a bottle of San Margarita Pinot Grigio, and it was a wonderful picnic with my wife.

Thanks for looking.

This looks great. I see you do the foil trick with the SJ Premium/Gold, makes a world of difference with those weird side vents.

Back