THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would have thought we'd be doing a personality inventory of his girlfriend?

Lamb is probably too exotic, huh? A boneless leg of lamb from Costco marinaded in wine, olive oil, garlic and rosemary then thrown on the smoker or grill is pretty darn nice.

Otherwise, marinaded chicken kebobs could be a good change of pace, smoked boness turkey breast or anything fried (excluding fried mac 'n cheese, of course, for the lactose intollerant http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20367).

She sounds very familiar. I dated a girl years ago that matches this desciption except she was vegetarian. Her diet consisted mainly of cheese pizza and rice when we met (not a very good vegetarian). It took alot of work & time but I found some pretty cool things to make without resorting to tofu every meal. I would make myself chicken fried steak and she would get a chicken fried portobello mushroom. Same mashed potatoes, cream gravy, etc. Over time I slowly got her used to eating different foods and introduced new things (even some turkey & chicken). The most important thing is to forget about what she doesn't like and focus on what she does and develop it from there. If you don't particulary like meat a brisket will probably freak you out. As I said I have alot of ideas after 3 years with her.

Wine & Swine said:
She sounds very familiar. I dated a girl years ago that matches this desciption except she was vegetarian. Her diet consisted mainly of cheese pizza and rice when we met (not a very good vegetarian). It took alot of work & time but I found some pretty cool things to make without resorting to tofu every meal. I would make myself chicken fried steak and she would get a chicken fried portobello mushroom. Same mashed potatoes, cream gravy, etc. Over time I slowly got her used to eating different foods and introduced new things (even some turkey & chicken). The most important thing is to forget about what she doesn't like and focus on what she does and develop it from there. If you don't particulary like meat a brisket will probably freak you out. As I said I have alot of ideas after 3 years with her.

So was it worth all the effort?

Arlin, I did start with "I dated a girl years ago". Wow, she was a pain in the a.., oh, I mean challenge.

Well, I think I'm sold on the beef roast, for pulled sandwiches. as far as her being against my whole way of lilfe, not at all. everyone is entitled to eat what they want, and besides, bbq is a PART of whom I am, not who I am. as long as I can eat what I want I don't give a hoot what she WONT. It seems as though most people when they think of this bbq thing, think of pork, I was just hoping to get everyones thinking caps on and get some new ideas. The pizza thing sounds good too. I know there must be other members on this board who have significant others who won't eat at least some of what they cook, and to be honest mine would probably eat whatever I put in front of her,( except seafood) she is quite impressed that I can actually cook!!!! I think she would at least try it. so thanks again everyone.

Chris

Wine & Swine said:
Arlin, I did start with "I dated a girl years ago". Wow, she was a pain in the a.., oh, I mean challenge.

HEHEHEHE That's what I thought!

Chris, not to be nosy and such, but from one who's been around the block a couple of times...keep compatibility in mind. And I wish you the best of luck! Shoot, you might convert her and she'll become a member here and I'll be all embarrassed and chit!

So she'll eat chicken as long as the bones are removed? I serve pulled chicken all the time. Do the beer can chicken routine and pull it.

After this last weekend with 2 Fat Bikers I can deinately say that medium rare tri-tip roast on a WSM is about the best tasting non-brisket beef I've ever had.

However, I have not yet had Phil's prime, hopefully this weekend????:cool:

PimpSmoke said:
However, I have not yet had Phil's prime, hopefully this weekend????:cool:
Make sure you get at least a taste of the bark. Last weekend I had 2 rare slices and some bark.

Dammit! Now I'm drooling on my keyboard!

Back