THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations. The Marshall is a great smoker. I have one too. I also have the smaller Good One Open Range which is also a great smoker. What was your first cook?

It was just some chicken wings, I wasn’t sure how the smoker was going to do in the cold temp it was 25 degrees and a 15 mph wind when I started, the smoker was real easy to maintain; temp despite the cold weather. Next weekend doing a batch of ribs.

Congrats! :clap2: I also have the Open Range - I don’t use it as much or to its full capabilities as I should but still love it. Pretty easy to to maintain 250 but as mentioned above it does use a lot of charcoal.

I use it for reverse searing which it is awesome at by moving the meat to the firebox using the 2nd charcoal grate.

Anyway looking forward to your cooks on it :thumb:

I have found that if I use a wind break in front of the bottom vents, I use less lump. Of course where I live, there always seems to be some wind blowing.

Fuel usage is about the only negative I find with the Good One smokers. Dialing in temps is the easiest of any smokers that I have ever used and they seem to keep very consistent temps once dialed in.

I have found that if I use a wind break in front of the bottom vents, I use less lump. Of course where I live, there always seems to be some wind blowing.

Fuel usage is about the only negative I find with the Good One smokers. Dialing in temps is the easiest of any smokers that I have ever used and they seem to keep very consistent temps once dialed in.

It burns much cleaner than other smoker's I've used, I'm guessing it's related. I was bit disappointed at first, but more I used it the less it bothered me

I see that you got the extra shelves for yours. Very nice. I also see that yours has the older style pneumatic tires on it. Mine had those when I first got it but they were weather cracked and would not hold air and Good One upgraded mine to these under warranty for a small additional fee.

NJv8AyCb.jpg

Congratulations on the new smoker! Nothing like getting a new smoker and learning how to use it.

Back