THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hinds15

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
BullseyeMetalWerks
Picked up a 20x42 LSG and curious about methods for cleaning her up. Cook chamber is good for the most part but the firebox needs some TLC. Wondering should I clean it and hit the rust spots with a wire wheel then paint or go with seasoning the outside of the firebox. Also very excited to be a LSG owner.

Attachments

Nice acquisition! She is a beauty. I would use a wire wheel, or maybe a flap wheel (I used one when I made my UDS). To paint, use a high temp spray paint. I used engine paint that I picked up at an auto parts store and it worked great.

Wire brush, then hit the outside with this stuff:

picture.php

Top coat with Rustoleum High Temp and you're good to go.

David

I sold it after 2 months nothing bad to say really because it produced good BBQ but it did have fitment issues.

Can I ask what ya got for it ? Just curious, I might be sellin mine, but I understand if ya don't wanna go there.

Back