THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working 16 hours today- sleep at my desk and work another 8 tomorrow- get home, run to store and see I would I could find to cook up. Hoping for some BB's and maybe a brisket.

I was happily minding my own business and making some homemade pita bread on Bubba Ho-Keg...

IMG_2742.jpg

I went in the house for a few minutes and the next thing I know this thing had taken over the grill...

IMG_2745.jpg

Has anyone seen Gore or Deguerre? I think one of them has been lurking in the backswamp...

i did some spare ribs smoked with the cherry wood Wampus generously sent me & rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub. Turned out very well. Unfortunately no pron since my son was unable to join us tonight & he has the camera. Side of grilled corn & a Dogfish Head 90 Minute.

I did up two Chickens on the Drum...Started em' this morning at 9:15 AM and took them off at 12:00 PM...I Soaked the two birds in Kosmos Chicken Soak for 6 Hours...I also injercted them with my own Butter and Garlic Injection Marinade!!!!!!They were smoked at a steady 250 Degrees with Lump Charcoal and a Cherry and Pecan wood blend...It was so tender that Chicken body parts were coming loose at the slightest touch...I love my UDS Peppasawce!!!!!!

Was going to do a pork butt for pulling, a pork loin, a rack of beef ribs and an eye of round. But ran across a sale on chic leg quarters today(48c lb), so think I'll save the eye of round for later, cause I don't have a place for the chicken in the freezer. The chicken changed my mind about which cooker to smoke em in, too. Was going to use the cabinet grill, but will be easier to deal with all the leg quarters on the Chargriller.

Pork butt on the uds tonight. Cant wait for lunch tommorow:thumb:
Smoke on Brethren and have a great weekend!

Going to try my hand at pastrami thanks to all the strami talk. Wampus made some amazing looking pastrami, it made my mouth water.

And here it is

I've got a couple of butts thawing for some pulled pork.

rubbed and sat overnight
4916420573_2c3e44e82e_z.jpg

after 9 hours on UDS with apple wood smoke
4917023218_7e19dccf3b_z.jpg

spritzed with aj, put in cooler for an hour then pulled
4916426689_28dd7e2974_z.jpg

The bear claws are great for taking meat off the UDS. I need to remove it fast before the start with the lid open:eek: I need to get a dome lid for the drum so I can put butts on the top rack, the smaller piece stuck to the rack and came out in the top half and the rest picked out while burning knuckles.

Back