THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinybud

Take a breath!
We've been getting calls lately from a relay service for deaf people, where someone is asking if we can prepare 300 sandwiches for them to pick up. Anyone else getting these calls? I never get too far, once I ask for a location its the same response, they'll pick up at our store, we are catering, we don't have a store, ask again for location they hang up. Just wondering if anyone else is getting these calls. Thanks.

Variations of that scam have been floating around for a while.If people put the same effort into making an honest living this world wouldn't be so farked up!!

Yep, we get a several of these a month by phone, e-mail and fax. The bad grammar is a dead give-away. You can't be too careful.

I run an online wine site and we get emails all time from people asking for Cristal Champagne. They want know the price , do we have it in stock and want to send a courier to pick it up.

Riiiiight!

I get those relay service calls at work allot mostly for hydraulic parts. The worst part is that we all pay a tax on our phone bills to fund that relay call which is most likely placed from Nigeria or some farking place like that.

We've been getting calls lately from a relay service for deaf people, where someone is asking if we can prepare 300 sandwiches for them to pick up. Anyone else getting these calls? I never get too far, once I ask for a location its the same response, they'll pick up at our store, we are catering, we don't have a store, ask again for location they hang up. Just wondering if anyone else is getting these calls. Thanks.

Got a few emails like that wanting to pick up no co name or contact just a dummy email address

Play along, get their c/c number and call cops. It is a scam using stolen c/c.

Back