THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Did a Peruvian dinner the other day. Had some beef heart that I cut up into thin strips for some anticuchos (kebabs) roughly following this recipe:

https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/peruvian-beef-kebabs-anticuchos/
marinated in a paste of toasted/ground cumin seeds, toasted garlic cloves, a couple chipotles/adobo (as a sub for aji panca paste), wine vinegar, salt

nZg15JRl.jpg

fired up a chimney full of lump, put my WSM on top of the performer, and cooked up the meats

webNZY9l.jpg

NqRR77il.jpg

Iv6BXw5l.jpg

In the mean time, my son threw down some Peruvian style green beans for me, and I got some white rice ready.
Beans: https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/peruvian-green-beans

Plated up...

cCvCjt1l.jpg

This was my first time having beef heart. I liked it a lot, and this recipe would do really well on just about any cut of beef, or even lamb

:thumb:

Looks great!

Beef heart is great. Everyone seems to be afraid of it, and I get it, it looks a bit intimidating until you clean all the ventricles, etc off, but it is really lean and flavorful. Once grilled you could mistake it for a lean steak.

Looks great!

Beef heart is great. Everyone seems to be afraid of it, and I get it, it looks a bit intimidating until you clean all the ventricles, etc off, but it is really lean and flavorful. Once grilled you could mistake it for a lean steak.

My boys and I thought so. My wife on the other hand didn't enjoy the texture.

I guess that means more for us next time :becky:

Now that’s what I’m talking about! A+ for going off the beaten path. I’ve always eyeballed that recipe but never had the guts to make it for the kids LOL. Well done.

Back