THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jgarcia

Knows what a fatty is.
Made a pernil (picnic shoulder). Seasoned overnight with whole head a garlic (plus some more minced from a jar) oregano, cumin, adobo seasoning, sazon, pepper, salt, vinegar and olive oil. Placed on the PBC rack. Finished in the oven for last 90 minutes because I had to take it to a party. This was moist and delicious, and looked great.

Also had a corned beef point that I had from around St Pats day that I finally decided to make. Soaked three times, black pepper and granulated garlic, and on the PBC grate also. Picture shown before wrapping after 4 hours, then back on the PBC for one hour. Put it in the oven that was off, but had residual heat from the pernil because I had to leave. This turned out much better than the first one I made that was way too salty. Could have used another soaking but still very good. Great sandwiches on Sunday.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Back