THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I guess if I really wanted to try this I could use my double insulated cooler. After it gets good and warm at the temp I want it loses about two degrees over 60 minutes. Hmmm... Got the gears turning for a bone in ribeye!

Yeah, we call that "Hot Tubbing" where I came from. No heating element but same results on shorter cooks. Great for steaks and 1-2 hour cooks. SV comes in handy when you do 48-72 hour cooks. It's actually better to drop temp than go over temp on short cooks. Under temp on multi day cooks can be deadly :rip:

Thanks titch!
I'll read up on this as there are lots of things I have thought about and Christmas is almost here.
Seafood should be sensational I think?

Thanks titch!
I'll read up on this as there are lots of things I have thought about and Christmas is almost here.
Seafood should be sensational I think?

Seafood Yuk,lol

If your serious about trying it,slip me your address and I will ship you a controller to try,
I do not nor ever will sell these things if anyone is curious.
Cheers.
Titch

Buc,if you are worried about DIY electricity check here.
http://www.sousvideathome.com.au/

I made my own using the same controller,available in 220volt or 110 volt.
Via China
To the OP,thanks for the prompt,will be doing a Scotch fillet tonight
Cheers.
Titch

Perfect! The companies that make the DIY controllers are international. Auber is a big one and there are many others. It does not take any special skills other than possessing a disposable $200 (ish) and the capability of ordering something on line to make this work. This is not genius level stuff (you would understand if you knew me) :biggrin1:

Great looking steak, cool process, thanks for posting this. Bookmarked!

Ah- Richland Center. Lived In Madtown for 3 years and Appleton for 4. I have mad props for my peeps in the tundra. I've made (and still do) my living over many years in the upper midwest. I don't miss the winters but we loved our time up there

Actually my time in cold temps was the reason I bought my BGE. Couldn't cook in the cold up there with my cavernous gasser so I started looking around. My time up there lead me here (in a round-about way)

Back