THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asunshine

Found some matches.
I know that this site is BBQ heaven and I hope that I am not committing the ultimate sin in asking this question. BUT, after many years of BBQ, I bought a Yoder YS 640 and absolutely love it. My quest is to fine the ultimate pellet to cook with and I felt this was the place to come find out. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lumberjack is good bt hard to find, Kingsford is really good and no fears of bridging, great flavor on the hickory little higher than some of the others but you get what you pay for imo

Have a Yoder YS640 as well. All I've been burning is Lumber Jack varieties and never had any issues. No flameouts, no excess ash, nothing. Been burning 5 years without a single issue. I vacuum out old ash from the burn pot and surrounding before each cook.

Have tried lots of pellets and have settled on Bear Mountain. I prefer the Bold Blend or Hickory. Good quality, reasonable price and easy to get in my neck of the woods.

They have a BOGO sale going on right now. Maximum of 3 free bags. Well, unless you use the wife and kids, email addresses too… lol.

https://bearmountainbbq.com/collections/frontpage

Code is KICKOFF

Didn’t you see the sign in the front yard?

“NO PELLET POOPERS!

NO EXCEPTIONS!!”

I kid, I kid…

Lumber Jack here as well, hickory or competition blend has never let me down.

My favorites to use are Lumberjack, Bear Mountain, B&B, and Papa's Grillin Pellets. BUT, you need to use what you like. You might like other brands in a certain flavor.

Back