THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PullinPork

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Chuck
I’m looking for a weatherproof way to store pellets.
It seems that the “buckets with gaskets” are in short supply.
I found some Kingsford charcoal buckets on Amazon, but not sure if they are waterproof.
Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

Personally, I find the galvanized cans with lids work pretty well. I have also used the commercial Rubbermaid brand 'trash' cans of various sizes and a few of the their "feed" cans and found they work well for me. Airtight, not really but they definitely keep critters and bugs out.

I’m looking for a weatherproof way to store pellets.
It seems that the “buckets with gaskets” are in short supply.
I found some Kingsford charcoal buckets on Amazon, but not sure if they are waterproof.
Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

Have you tried commercial restaurant supply places, Sam's Club or, Tractor Suppy / Atwoods?

Most of my better storage options come from the Farm Supply options but, Sam's Club with their industrial Rubbermain options often follow me home with good results.

I finally decided to go with the Kingsford buckets ...
There are two sizes, approx 20# and 40#. I find the larger ones a little awkward to lift and maneuver to pour pellets into the hopper. For strong young guys YMMV. The smaller ones store neatly under the barrel of my cooker too, where the larger ones ae too tall.

There are two sizes, approx 20# and 40#. I find the larger ones a little awkward to lift and maneuver to pour pellets into the hopper. For strong young guys YMMV. The smaller ones store neatly under the barrel of my cooker too, where the larger ones ae too tall.

I went with the 20# ones.
A very strange thing happened after I bought them. I paid $14.95 each. When I went back to order another one, they are now $24.95:crazy:

Chuck

Back