THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
So, who is officially in besides myself.

This will be their 2nd contest, and if last year was just getting their feet wet, so to speak, this one will be spectacular.... last year was GREAT.... can't wait to see everyone again.

As far as I know, all 36 spots are full, but I don not know that for sure, so if you are on the fence, drop Graham a note as ask...

www.peakcitypigfest.com

See ya all there.

I hear ya.... this should be another great year at Apex.... as good as they were last year, I am wondering what surprises we will see this year????

I'm in as well.

Really surprised you're keeping a countdown going! :-D

Only thing I hope they've changed is the way they do the People's Choice. If you give out 2oz containers then have the teams give out the containers and that's it. Don't let teams give out full sandwich portions for a ticket.

Any teams in Apex looking for/willing to take a KCBS judge working toward his master? I didn't get accepted as a judge in Apex, but I've judged 10 contests thus far and am chugging along toward that master judge certification. I'm willing to help a team and learn as much as I can. If anybody is open just send me a PM and I'll send you my details.

Thanks!

cvath, although I am the Chief Cook for Pelletheads.com and I have no issues having you with us, I would like to run it by my teammates, which I will do right now. Can't imagine any will have a problem with it...if ya don't get a better offer, you would be welcome in our camp. Will try and get an asnwer by end of the day!

cvath, If I already didn't have another judge with me that weekend, you would be more than welcome to come cook with me as well. If something happens and you can't cook with a team at Apex, I will be cooking in Salisbury in September and you are more than welcome to come there.

Bill

The one on the website only shows 26 teams but it says all 36 have been filled.

I have noticed that they are SLOW updating the site.... still no prize money break down, parking locations, etc.... I think they are waiting for everything to be finalized... but not much time left. I just wish they would list teams and not try to get all fancy with all the links that don't go anywhere......

Back