THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brew-Bq

Full Fledged Farker
Fired up the PBC at work for our Xmas party. First Brisket for me, followed the PopDaddy Tri-Level Rub process complete w Grace Jones Rub Grabber and a healthy dose of Butt Glitter. Brisket was a bit dry but everything else was pretty good. First attempt at Pig Shots and wont be the last! Made me appreciate the more experienced Q'ers I know who do it so much better.

Last edited:
And for one day I was the greatest Boss ever! It was a good time. Our welders were lucky enough to be doing a job for us during the feast so they got some bonus Q. My Dad brought Mike Mills BBq beans and some slaw so it was a full spread. Man those beans were good!

Photos look great. When you have time can you explain your "dry" brisket further?? Weight in pounds-
Hang time, wrap time and wrap temp if any, brisket grade, grain or grass fed, rest time etc?

I pretty much followed Pitmaster T's PBC cook video w the big exception of not having any butcher paper. Choice,13lbs pre trim, PBC at 275-290F for 4 hours til bark looked good, 157 internal. Pulled and put in the foil pan covered tight, stuck it on the Weber Kettle at 300F for another 1.5 -2hrs, my Dad probed it and said it was tender and IT was 202. Put in cooler for about another 90 minutes and served. Just seemed a bit tough and dry but not too bad, everyone loved it but Im used to my buddy's nice juicy Brisket. There was a lot of juice in the pan after and I did not add any when I foiled.

It sounds like the brisket could have cooked a little longer. Tough and dry usually means it was undercooked.

Thanks for the input, for my first time I wasnt expecting perfection and I was on a bit of a time crunch. Im pretty hard on myself, or realistic about my Q so Im always trying to learn from guys who already know what they are doing. I did like the bark I got from the Tri-level rub, though I think I put too much Cumin in the Butt Glitter. I used the Glitter on the chicken and ribs to and liked it alot. Chicken was pretty damn good. Next time I'll try a little longer and wont have to worry about time. U think more time foiled or hanging in the PBC or both? I really should have probed it myself so I had a baseline but I was juggling all the other stuff.

I am no brisket expert either (yet), but probably more time foiled.

Tough and dry = undercooked
Dry and crumbly = overcooked.

Juicy and delicious = Just right...

Back