PBC Barbacoa

Ertothel

Knows what a fatty is.
Yesterday's cook. Thanks to SteveKing for the Recipe (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3454913&postcount=6) and ShadowDriver for the inspiration (his pics in this thread were awesome - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224177)

3# Chuckie, S&P
IMG_20160220_101628_zpsc07op48t.jpg

Into the PBC with 50/50 KBB and Stubb's - ran a bit hot, consistent with Stubb's charcoal's reputation.
IMG_20160220_104914_zpsoxrorjca.jpg

Braising mix ready to go
IMG_20160220_125414_zpsihclqoup.jpg

Chuckie out of the PBC @165*
IMG_20160220_154235_zps5aemnwf2.jpg

Into the braising mix
IMG_20160220_154324_zpsrrj7wjx0.jpg

Fork tender
IMG_20160220_170934_zpsbb4gzkcz.jpg

Finished product - very tasty tacos
IMG_20160221_121826_zpsxjoxzkhk.jpg

I will admit to cheating a bit in the accoutrement - fresh onion and cilantro was mine, but the pico and chipotle sauce were leftovers from Torchy's.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again to SteveKing and ShadowDriver for their posts.

Looks outstanding. I did a 3 lb chuck on the PBC Wednesday and just finished the leftovers today. Boy it was tasty.

Nice drum cook, I also call cooking over coals/fire barbacoa. Cooked one just about that size on the roti start to finish but that braising recipe looks pretty darn tasty.

Nice drum cook, I also call cooking over coals/fire barbacoa. Cooked one just about that size on the roti start to finish but that braising recipe looks pretty darn tasty.

Thanks.

Your definition must make ordering a Barbacoa taco a little confusing - "I'd like something cooked over coals/fire, and served on a tortilla" would probably beg a further question.

The recipe was awesome - my pics don't do it justice.

Thanks.

Your definition must make ordering a Barbacoa taco a little confusing - "I'd like something cooked over coals/fire, and served on a tortilla" would probably beg a further question.

The recipe was awesome - my pics don't do it justice.

Go ahead and add that to the multitude of reasons I don't eat restaurant BBQ.

You want something done right you do it yourself. :heh:

Looks great, but you threw me for a loop. I expected another cow head cook to follow Jason's. Here, Barbacoa is the meat from the head. I still haven't tried it yet. But I'd eat a taco or three of yours.

Looks fantastic!

Glad to see that another individual had a good experience with SteveKing's recipe! It's a keeper, for sure.

Good looking grub. Try making Barbacoa with beef cheeks! Now, that's some good eatin'!

Back