THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Okay Brethern, need some help.
I have a 10X10 Covered patio that I enjoy sitting on evenings as I have an adult beverage or two, as it gets colder I am looking for a way to prolong the outdoor area a bit longer.

Don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, but will need some decent heat output and figure some of you on here have some experience.

Open to propane, electric or pellet/wood options.

We had an faux-wood aluminum patio cover installed a few years ago and the heat issue has always been a bit of an issue. We used to have a camp chef propane fire table, but the instructions said to not use it under any cover. Plus, the propane would eventually leave discoloration under the patio cover. You can't use a tall propane heater, like those at outdoor dining restaurants, because it's too close to the ceiling. I'm thinking a real wood fire pit would probably leave smoke stains at some point, depending on how high the ceiling is. We settled on this little guy from Lowes - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bond-Bond-...LxUYGtQwPH0L7MN3QAAaAsp_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's small, but puts out good heat. I tested the temp at the ceiling while running and the heat dissipates enough to not be a problem for me. Good luck!

We had an faux-wood aluminum patio cover installed a few years ago and the heat issue has always been a bit of an issue. We used to have a camp chef propane fire table, but the instructions said to not use it under any cover. Plus, the propane would eventually leave discoloration under the patio cover. You can't use a tall propane heater, like those at outdoor dining restaurants, because it's too close to the ceiling. I'm thinking a real wood fire pit would probably leave smoke stains at some point, depending on how high the ceiling is. We settled on this little guy from Lowes - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bond-Bond-...LxUYGtQwPH0L7MN3QAAaAsp_EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
It's small, but puts out good heat. I tested the temp at the ceiling while running and the heat dissipates enough to not be a problem for me. Good luck!

Thanks I like that and will look into this more.

I like my buddy heater, propane set on ground heat rises, those patio heaters can run thru a lot of gas quickly , lotta options these days

Back