THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
I went to the store and found several things that I liked...the wife wanted chicken, my son likes turkey and I wanted pastrami. Might as well throw on a small pork butt for later in the week.

Thanks to ThirdEye for the corned beef/pastrami review and rub recipe. I used it one other time and liked the flavors.

SM spicey apple on the pork, Yardbird on the chicken and a sage based rub from Gander Mountain for the turkey.

Store brand corned beef...

Rinsed and soaked, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...

All on the UDS at about 280* should settle in around 260-270.

Last shot before the lid goes on...

Now that's a happy cooker :-D

$5.49/lb for corned beef! Ouch! I bought a few when they were on sale after St. Patrick's day for $.99/lb and put then in the freezer. I think I have a couple left. I may have to pull one out soon.

Now that's a happy cooker :-D

$5.49/lb for corned beef! Ouch! I bought a few when they were on sale after St. Patrick's day for $.99/lb and put then in the freezer. I think I have a couple left. I may have to pull one out soon.

I thought the same...beef prices in general really sting these days. Usually it's not on my grill or smoker unless it's on sale!

Back