Pastrami on the Weber

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I bought a small Corned Beef flat a few days ago with the intent of turning it into Pastrami rather than using it as is for St Patrick's Day. I soaked it overnight to try and minimize any salt content, then hit it up with a Pastrami rub -

IygLNuK.jpg

qwxtcnT.jpg

Overnight into the fridge and since there's a Kettle throwdown in progress I decided to smoke this on the Weber rather than the Goldens' -

lgzZZaE.jpg

I started this around 2pm, temps running around 250F or thereabouts for most of the smoke. I'm glad we weren't planning on this for dinner as it hit the dreaded stall about 7pm. At 8pm the meat temps started to drop a few degrees (hovering near 180) so I wrapped it in foil and increased the grill temp to about 325. Finally, at 9pm the meat reached an internal temp of 203F. I pulled it off the grill, let it rest

KIa2yQ1.jpg

and then into the fridge for the night.

Sliced,

MqO4Ru1.jpg

gKSfjI5.jpg

and warmed in the Lodge skillet. Made a tasty sandwich on Toasted Rye with Mustard, Swiss and Sauerkraut -

nk1DVdC.jpg

itXpe4p.jpg

y2PpYz3.jpg

Not my best pictures, but the Pastrami was great. I only wish I'd bought a bigger flat and served the sandwich with a Kosher dill. At least I got my Pastrami craving satisfied. Well worth the time spent smoking it.

Thanks for checking out this thread.

Regards,
-lunchman

Super Sammy! And nice crust on the pastrami!

Now is the time to buy a mess of pre-packaged corned beef, it’s always on sale day after SPD.

It's pastrami time for sure, and that looks excellent. I have 3 corned flats on stand-by due to a weather delay.... and hopefully that's now over.

Back