THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4smoke

Superbowl was going to be just our family. Wife just informed me that 6 additional adults will be joining us. I have a 6.5 pound pork butt. Any thoughts on how much more I will need to feed 8 adults and 5 8-13 year olds?

how many of the 8-13 year olds are boys? I know my 2 boys (5 and 9) can do some major damage to my pulled pork
adding a chuckie or some burgers is a good idea. If you want to stick with just the butt...I'd probably grab another around the same size--besides...nothing wrong with having some leftovers :wink:

Butt load of hot dawgs.It will keep the little cretins/grommets away from the real food.:clap2:

Are these miscreants not contributing? Have them bring a side dish or something.

Generally look to have 35% loss on pork butt weight and at least 4 ounces per person if they are getting full portions.

Eric

1/3 lb. cooked meat is a hearty sandwich for an adult or teen boy. Typical yield for a pork butt is 50%, so, your 6.5 lb butt will yield about 3.25 lbs cooked, or about 10 sandwiches. If you cut back to 1/4 lb sandwiches you can get 13 sandwiches.

You either need another meat choice or another butt.

Thanks fellas, I got up early and prepped the WSM, drove to walmart and purchased a 7 lb shoulder, raced home and rubbed the new shoulder and got both on the smoker at 5:15. Looking good now..... made some mustard slaw and am preparing some other sides.

Back