THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Because Padawan and I were a bit busy with comps the last couple of weeks we couldn't have our Phriday smoke session.

Out of the blue Padawan said she craved for picanha,potatoes au gratin and white asparagus...Dennessey and I couldn't argue with that kind of meal.
Good call on the picanha because it was the best one I've ever had!
This one had (very rich) marbling...normally it is quite lean with a thick Phatcap.

-starter shrimp pie with a whiskey/cocktail sauce (Padawan)

-main course picanha,potatoes au gratin and ham/panko wrapped white asparagus with asparagus/egg sauce (Phubar,Padawan)

-dessert mango/pomegranate crumble with a dollop of caramel and Johnny Walker coPhee (Dennessey)

*Bottle of Johnny Walker is in courtesy of Dennessey's parents as a gift for winning the Tony Stone comp last weekend*

Deliciously unbelievable once again! Is there any chance of sharing the recipe for the potatoes au gratin and cooking details? It would be most appreciated.

No measurements...

-raw red potato slices
-raw onion slices
-baked bacon
-chorizo
-topped with a sauce made out of cream,chardonnay,cheese,salt,pepper

The dish was probably cooking/smoking at 250F.

Back