THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, we ordered last week. Should be here on the 15th. I have noticed in a few pics that people place pans underneath the smoker??? Is that there for a reason

Yes, we ordered last week. Should be here on the 15th. I have noticed in a few pics that people place pans underneath the smoker??? Is that there for a reason

Yep, it's a "drippings" catcher. If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see the Assassin (and others like it) have a pair of "slides" so you can slide in a "drippings pan" to catch them or do as others do and simply put the drippings pan on the ground (or use a bucket similarly).

Now if you've got a couple of family pets helping you smoke (like I do - (2) 100 pounders), they may like to "lick" the drippings - so I'll probably try to use the slides and put a pan under there.

By the way, the BOL says 770 pounds!?! That's a lot - of course that is a "packed" weight in the crate. Sure glad I don't plan on moving this thing around a bunch. Garage to outside the garage back to the garage, and so on. . . . . .

It did come today. It looks and feels very solid. I don't have it fully uncrated yet - it came late. Anyway I did open the doors and top and have a look around.

Here are the pics still in the crate. I hope to season it up asap.

Trey

Assassin1.jpg
Assassin2.jpg

I just went up to Macon today and picked up my new ASSASSIN 28. I didn't realize how big this thing is. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but I have a plan for that. Jeff and his daughter were AWESOME to deal with. My boys and I have spent many nights throwing sticks into our home built SLANG (Limited Edition). I am looking forward to some consistancy and some sleep.

I just went up to Macon today and picked up my new ASSASSIN 28. I didn't realize how big this thing is. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but I have a plan for that. Jeff and his daughter were AWESOME to deal with. My boys and I have spent many nights throwing sticks into our home built SLANG (Limited Edition). I am looking forward to some consistancy and some sleep.

Exactamundo!! I too have spent many a night tending the fire on my now sold stickburner. I'm looking forward to all night brisket and butt smokes where I get to sleep some!!!

Drive By, any pics of the new Assassin? When you gonna' break 'er in?

Exactamundo!! I too have spent many a night tending the fire on my now sold stickburner. I'm looking forward to all night brisket and butt smokes where I get to sleep some!!!

haha.both of you welcome to the dark side:)

nice looking rig

Sent from my GT-P7510

Back