THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im charging a CORKING FEE for any outside booze....!!!

Hope all you quiet Omaha Brethren are reading this and just havent bought tickets yet. We are putting the finishing touches on all the raffles and auction, thanks so much for all that have donated. Hope to see / meet more you this year.

Oh and in case anyone has concerns...Shane is NOT cooking the brisket :)

Im charging a CORKING FEE for any outside booze....!!!:)

Buzz-kill... ;)

Hope all you quiet Omaha Brethren are reading this and just havent bought tickets yet. We are putting the finishing touches on all the raffles and auction, thanks so much for all that have donated. Hope to see / meet more you this year.

So what ARE we cooking this year? I distinctly remember you saying we wouldn't have to do half a ton of chicken leg-quarters again. RIGHT? :laugh:

Buzz-kill... ;)

So what ARE we cooking this year? I distinctly remember you saying we wouldn't have to do half a ton of chicken leg-quarters again. RIGHT? :laugh:

F U N D R A I S E R ....Ill take the money any way I can, not to mention that its a violation of our liquor license....so I KNOW NOTHING but your gonna pay me to be that way..

Babyback (Leonard Hawkins) is cooking the brisket for us....You, Tom and Pat will be cooking the ribs and chicken wings.... we have 4 cases of ribs and 80 lbs of chicken folks.... come get your share....plus a mess of sides....:clap2::thumb:

Tom & Char have been working their buttz off to make this event bigger and badder than last year!! Lots of bbq and great blues music.....hope to see some new faces this year!!

Buy a ticket and come have a great time with some fellow brethren :thumb:

The schutte family will be in Omaha early on saturday. I will have myself and two strapping lads ready to be put to work. Velma and Sammy are going shopping in the afternoon, just let us know if you need us, and what time!!

Im charging a CORKING FEE for any outside booze....!!!

That's OK. There's a bar next to our hotel.:becky:

AND, why would anyone have concerns???:confused:

Well, Jeannie's mom is going to have surgery sometime this week on a carotid artery that's 90% blocked. She had the same procedure done 2 1/2 years ago and she got within minutes of bleeding all the way out... Needless to say Jean's staying home this weekend and I'm going to be with her.
Gonna miss this cook, but it looks to be in good hands. Best of luck to all and have a blast! Hoist one and/or smoke one for us down here.

Arlin

Well, Jeannie's mom is going to have surgery sometime this week on a carotid artery that's 90% blocked. She had the same procedure done 2 1/2 years ago and she got within minutes of bleeding all the way out... Needless to say Jean's staying home this weekend and I'm going to be with her.
Gonna miss this cook, but it looks to be in good hands. Best of luck to all and have a blast! Hoist one and/or smoke one for us down here.

Arlin

You're doing the right thing, Arlin. Family first. We'll be thinking about you.

Shane....bring your strapping lads over when you get settled. Im sure we can figure out somewhere you all can help...:-D (membrane pulling fools is what Im thinking)

Call Toms cell when your rolling in if you want to check in.

Thanks for all your help..

Ya'll have fun! The Schutte Family won't be making the 3 1/2 hour drive from Cozad to Omaha on ice and snow packed I-80. Theres call for rain/snow mix on Sunday morning during our return trip. Too bad. We were really looking forward to this.:tsk:

Back