THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unless all that extra meat is going directly from the pit to the plate, where do I hold it? Holding capacity is already maxed out, so adding on to that is also an expensive investment. Then where do I put it?

For what it's worth: At the BBQ joint I worked at years ago, we used roll around stainless steel bins. Most were 2x3x3.5 with lids. We had 2 that were 3x5x3 that we used only for brisket. Mobile, no need for power and they kept the meat hot all day long. Not sure on the cost, but they've got to be cheaper than a new alto-sham and paying all of that electricity. Still trying to find you a picture; I'll post it when I do.

Working in television I can tell you that we're easy when it comes to food, that is if the food's free we'll eat it, but I've NEVER seen a response from someone eating on camera like that before. Her reaction to your brisket said it all. Congrats on everything you've done. I'm here "binge reading" your updates and I agree with someone earlier who said that you should turn these updates into a book.

Does anyone else want this thread be made a sticky? Sometimes it gets buried amongst the other threads and disappears until someone posts something to bump it back up. If it were a sticky would be much easier to find...right at the top of the page at all times...where it should be. :smile:

Click on thread tools and click the subscribe button. Subscribe to threads which you want to come back to later for recipes or anything else you find interesting.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you find the threads you've subscribed to?

The first thing I do when I visit the site is to click 'User CP' - this will take you to your Control Panel where it will show all of the threads you subsribe to that contain new messages since your last visit.

I just meant it might be easier to find for new people. There have been so many people signing up on this site just because of this thread that if it were made a sticky it might draw even more people in to sign up. Probably more of a Phil question.

Carry on...

Unfortunately, adding smoking capacity is a catch 22. Unless all that extra meat is going directly from the pit to the plate, where do I hold it? Holding capacity is already maxed out, so adding on to that is also an expensive investment.

Does your health department require an active heat source for holding foods, i.e. would a cooler be kosher with the health department?

What I want you to remember are the words of the King. "If you have a successful business, you didn't build that business, you didn't make that happen... Others did"

Seriously man, Good on ya, I've been following this since the start and you have done us proud.

VR,
Harold

According to his Facebook page, Jeremy is considering selling smoked pizzas.

Haha! Oh man, I never should have posted pics of those on facebook. All day today people have been begging for pizza. There's no way we could do that in addition to everything else, but maybe something for a special event down the road or something. But they were amazing.

Another busy day, but some interesting news today. Starting next week I'll be sponsoring a pro stock race car at one of the local speedways for the rest of the year. Won't be long and the prized pig will be zooming around the track. That also means all the pit passes I can handle, advertising to the crowd via the announcer, and they are working to get me up there as a vendor for the races.

6ht0si.jpg

By "sponsoring" I'm going to presume he's kicking in some $$$ in order to get his name and logo added to all the other businesses already on the vehicle (and not buying a car to race :shock: )

Well, first and foremost, I would like to wish you continued success! I'm a recent joiner to the brethren here and i've read probably about 75% of this thread. It was quite the read.

You not only are what would be considered the American dream, but also a seldom seen look at the work, risk and sacrifice involved that is always overlooked when others set their sights on successful people.

But...you obviously know what you are doing. Can you give some of your philosophies on BBQ to some of us backyard warriors? I may have missed it in this thread or other comments by you.

But it seems like I just want to learn what you have to say about how to cook BBQ as well as what you've said on the business end of things.

Again, whatever i've missed , i'm happy to accept a redirect to your posts etc...

I would encourage you to be careful about not overextending yourself. I know guys in other businesses who did that and lost everything. You seem to be a pretty savvy businessman, and I would hate to see the same thing happen to you.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Interesting to see how interested people are about a cheap refurbished TV.

That's the least of my problems. This week has included theft, missed brisket delivery, underage girls giving me their phone numbers, needing to call the police, towing cars, staff fights, etc.

And that's the tip of the iceberg. If I've learned anything through this it's that you need to have thick skin, take everything people say with a grain of salt, and don't be surprised by anything people are capable of.

In other news, a record Friday today. A local brewery has started a brisket food truck in town for a few hours on the weekend, but don't see that as a concern. And I'm in talks with a local hog farm about possibly sourcing all local pork.

Lots of good stuff happening.

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back