Only One in the World 🤮

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
Sm I the only one in the world who hate’s Mexican food?

I think I must be.
I’ve been told that it’s because I haven’t had it prepared properly.
I’m not sure if I believe that as I’ve tried it all over the place including Mexico and I just can’t stand it.
My wife is from Bakersfield and loves it.
My kids like it too.

I keep trying it and it thinking maybe someday I will find a dish or a place I like but it’s always horrible.

I even tried cooking it myself and hated it.
I feel left out as everyone else enjoys it so much.

I don’t even like Tex-Mex.

I don’t get it.

I will say that, while making homemade tortillas from masa takes a lot of practice, it is a life changing experience to enjoy fresh made tortillas with well seasoned meat and fresh toppings

I think you're the only one. :-D But then again, real or good Mexican food is hard to come by if at all in your part of the country.

What don't you like about it? Spices? Sauces? Margaritas? Tequila?

Even steak and chicken fajitas? Must be a seasoning thing.

Oh and I never liked Tex-Mex until I actually went to TX. Changed my mind. Actually blew my mind.

I had Mexican food for lunch today, first time in a while, and it was fantastic! I can't put a finger on why you don't like it. My wife hates cilantro, so it's possible that there is a certain seasoning or spice that you don't care for.

Didn't care for Tex Mex in Arizona or New Mexico.

Can't put my finger on why. Sauces maybe.

Normal "mexican" joints around here don't bother me, but I know they are far from authentic.

I am apparently the only one in the world who hates Mexican spices on Brisket. If i read the ingredient list on any brisket rub and it includes chile powder, oregano, paprika, cumin ( any of those ) i pass right by it.

As far as mexican foods like taco's , enchilada's fajita's, you are definitely in a small group. Its going to suck for you when all thats left is taco bells and 3 sea shells.

What don't you like about it? Spices? Sauces? Margaritas? Tequila?

I don’t like any of it when it is fully assembled and served.
I don’t really drink. Sometimes I’ll have beer or a glass of wine but that is few and far between so I’m not concerned about the alcohol.

But for the record I don’t like Tequila or Margaritas.

No way I turn down a taco. One of my fav foods. Couldnt imagine no fajitas,tacos,margaritas in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHEESE hater

I can feel for you. I love Mexican food but I cannot swallow anything with cheese , can't take the taste or smell of any cheese. Doesn't make me sick but I cannot swallow cheese.. Iam not lactose intolerant. I love ice cream, whip cream butter.
I have trouble eating out at Italian or Mexican restaurants.

I don’t like any of it when it is fully assembled and served.
I don’t really drink. Sometimes I’ll have beer or a glass of wine but that is few and far between so I’m not concerned about the alcohol.

But for the record I don’t like Tequila or Margaritas.

So it is a flavor thing, or do you not like the textures? Can you eat a taco? Tamale? Chile Verde? My sis n law won't eat chie Verde because she thinks it looks like vomit on a plate but it is onebof my favorite things. As far as alcohol with it, I couldn't care less, so that to me has never been a factor.

Back