ONE Of The Foods I Love--Tacos From Scratch

I love your love for Tacos, they always look fantastic and are an inspiration. Have some Barbacoa that I just shredded and is cooking down right now for street Tacos, probably won't be as good as yours but we do what we can. :grin:

You must be the master of mise en place. I can’t imagine what your prep time for these things are.

I love/hate when you do tacos! Always makes me feel hungry and a little like a slacker...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bourbon? With tacos?? Great looking tacos, great looking Bourbon. BUT with tacos?

I grew up in coastal Orange County, then lived 30 years in the San Diego area, never could figure out you LA guys. :wink:

Wow those look good! We just can't get anything like that here, I'd be a huge fan of taco's if we could or I had the skill to make them.

~Well done!

Thanks Bob! Flap is ideal IMHO but you can definitely substitute flank or skirt, hanger steaks if they're available in your area.

Looks like taco heaven to me...

Thanks Tom!

Nice work Sako, I may not have time to make them but I would certainly make time to eat them.

Thanks Bill! I got a bit of down time so I took advantage.

Man, oh, man! That's just off the charts, brother.

I need something like that in my life with haste!

Thanks Marc! I feel you and great to see you posting again. :thumb:

Nachos and tacos in the same week. You're killing me, Sako. Looks fantastic. I can almost taste them, and they're good!

Thanks Marty! I def missed making both so I'm lucky to be able to catch up.

I can always count on an SSV3 post making me hungry.

Thanks Mcyork!

I love your love for Tacos, they always look fantastic and are an inspiration. Have some Barbacoa that I just shredded and is cooking down right now for street Tacos, probably won't be as good as yours but we do what we can. :grin:

Thanks Kevin! Sounds awesome actually. Dude, you do make some killer grub so pretty sure they're going to be off the chain.

Looks great but what was up with the brussel sprouts?

Thanks! Well, they were going to go bad so I thought fark it. :becky: I love brussel sprouts btw.

You must be the master of mise en place. I can’t imagine what your prep time for these things are.

Honestly the salsas are what takes the most time. The marinate, tortillas and cooking in a breeze. Def farking worth it though. Whole another level.

I love/hate when you do tacos! Always makes me feel hungry and a little like a slacker...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chef Merito Carne Asada if you want to cheat and not feel bad Paul! Amazing stuff. Thanks!

Bourbon? With tacos?? Great looking tacos, great looking Bourbon. BUT with tacos?

I grew up in coastal Orange County, then lived 30 years in the San Diego area, never could figure out you LA guys. :wink:

Welp, I started with bourbon so I didn't want to change it up. Yep, LA is whole another country and culture so I don't blame you. :laugh: Love South OC and the whole SD area btw. :thumb:

Nice looking cook for sure, thank you for sharing!

Thanks brother!

Quality work there, I like your style!

Thanks Jason!

Wow those look good! We just can't get anything like that here, I'd be a huge fan of taco's if we could or I had the skill to make them.

~Well done!

As long as you have a Hispanic Market nearby, you are ok.

If you don't, you can still make tacos. Just make sure you get good tortillas. No hard shell. No flour. Corn.

Flap or skirt (or hanger as some have said)

SPOG, Orange Juice, Lime Juice, Beer, Onions, Cliantro and Bell Peppers.

You could buy the dried peppers (check your end caps) and reconsitute them to make the salsa.

Or...you could fly out here!

Back