THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool! Love seeing the 50's adds and stuff. If you put a little asbestos in your rub it may stop the sugars from burning! :grin:

I should have saved some of the asbestos shingles that we had on our house when I was growing up. Lived in that house until I was 18, and left to go into the Navy. The house is still standing, and still has the asbestos siding on it to this day. It came in sheets about 3/8 in thick and about 14 X 24 inches in size. You had a device that punched nail holes in it to be able to nail it up without breaking the sheets. Made great toy's to throw small chunks sideways and watch them sail away into the air. I guess I was lucky and never had any side efffff......,,,

Omar

I saw that article a year or two after I built my first BUFORD.

My BUFORD firebox design is a similar, modernized version without the asbestos.:becky:

I have a old magazine full of helpful hints, from the 30"s or 40's, I think. It suggests using a slice of asbestos to fill up the empty slot of your toaster to insure even toasting.

Back