THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got assigned to install an HVAC system today so I held off on getting the butts going. I will inject them shortly and cook tomorrow. Can't wait to try the BBQ Casserole recipe the wife found.

I've never had that with any of my kettles. I clean my pretty frequently since I take them on the road with me and dont want all the junk in the trailer.

My gasser did nearly melt to the ground early on this year when unannounced to me, the grease catching pan which funnels to the cup was plugged up and during the warmup, it sparked and had to be wheeled away from the house to prevent the siding melting!

I would say your grill was able to exceed the temps of the green egg. Take that egg heads! lol. :eusa_clap

My kettle goes through that every once in a while too. I notice you bank your coals like I do. What I've noticed is when I bank the coals on the same side all the time, the other side gets a nice greasy build up. What I do now is rotate the coal grate and the side of the kettle that I bank the coals on. That way the grease build up aint to so bad. It sure does smell nice though.:-D

Find yourself an old broken hoe and grind it to the same radius as the kettle, that way you can scrape the greasy ashes out of it periodicaly and that wont happen. It doubles as a coal spreader.

That's innovation for ya. Sort of like the article I saw earlier using an old catsup (or similar) bottle for your pancake batter.

Back