THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MartinM

Full Fledged Farker
I have today off. Since it's rainy season here I have been dancing between rain drops to get my fix cooking w fire.
Today I just put my smoker on the front porch so I can cook without dealing w pop ups etc. I'm only cooking some ribs for lunch but I thought I'd get these chubs of sausage out of my fridge at the same time,...

So my drums out front... I get the fire going smoke smelling real nice.. I get the chubs out of the fridge, slip a probe in one and out they go.

I come in to clean up after myself and as I'm dropping the wrapper in the trash I see 12/9/14.

Oops. These bad boys are older than I thought. They both had the use or freeze by 12/9/14. Neither smelled at all so I'm cookin them... They are officially old fatties :p

You gotta watch out for those old fatties. They can be particularly stubborn and difficult to deal with. Try playing some classic rock to appease them. LOL.

Sounds like a good lunch! Throw out some pics for the looky lou's .

They are almost done... Pics or it didn't happen... 127 and going up fast.. I pull at 135 cool slice and re fry ...

b7255f9b-0f7e-49fb-8f98-51682b90551a.jpg

I want it to melt off in the pan..
I like to fry my egg in the released grease :)
I tried up higher and it was better for sausage gravy. I couldn't get any fat off them in the pan. I miss the smoky flavor if I don't make a fatty first befor gravy now :)

Back