THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
https://oldcrowsmokehouse.com/orange/

Menu looks good.....Do I have to go solo on this or will someone warn me, or join me?

The location should be conducive to sales; There is a Tilted Kilt, Lazy Dog, and King's Fish House on the same property. It's about 2 miles from the Arrowhead Pond and Angel Stadium. But....their location has not had good history for longevity.

So, I did a drive by to pick up the menu to get pricing.

But since none of you got back to me :x, I'm not sharing :evil:.

Ok, so I tried three sides: Mac and Cheese, Beans, and Sweet Potatoes with Blue Cheese.

The Verdict: Meh, Meh, Meh.

Mac and Cheese: I would love to be like Johnny Depp's character in "Once Upon a Time in Mexico", and balance the scales of mac and cheese sellers. The best part about the mac and cheese was the cornbread crumbs on the top.

Beans: They had a weird chew to them. The most likely culprit? Butter Beans (aka Lima Beans). I don't like Lima Beans by themselves, let alone in baked beans.

Sweet Potatoes: Jennifer loves blue cheese. She loves sweet potatoes. The two did NOT go together.

Haven't tried the proteins, yet. They are outside of the 3x-5x internal pricing model I use. Now, if I can get my boss to foot the bill, it's on!

You went to a bbq joint just for sides? :shock:

It could be worse, you could have asked them for vegan mac-n-cheez

I like to see if there are any mac and cheese tips I can incorporate into mine, so I will always order it when I go to a BBQ joint.

But after seeing a price tag of $38/pound for brisket (I know I'm not in Texas, but I'm also not in Hawaii), I opted for the sides, until I could get someone else to pay for it.

Their brisket can't be any worse than Smokey Fred's.

$40 a pound for brisket? Are you sure about that? Its a chain restaurant, that double the cost of Franklin and I doubt they are selling angus prime and duroc ribs.

$40 a pound for brisket? Are you sure about that? Its a chain restaurant, that double the cost of Franklin and I doubt they are selling angus prime and duroc ribs.

I left the menu at home, but i think that's what I saw: $19 for a half pound of brisket. So 38 isn't 40, but it's close.

Here are the other factors contributing to the high price:

It's in the third largest real estate market in the U.S.
It is near a stadium (ANAHEIM Angels), An arena (Anaheim Ducks and sometimes the Clippers, and concerts), and Disneyland.

I will grab the menu tonight to confirm.

Back