Obsession-Compulsion or Addiction 😷🥃👨*🍳

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
This thing of ours-cooking and eating. The amount of time we spend thinking and doing our (insert word from title) here. My wife thinks I am addicted to green chile, an addiction she says is harmless-but still an addiction. When I had a double digit number of cookers she used the word compulsive to describe my collection of cookers. She’s used the word obsession when I had 40+ bags of charcoal in her She Shed.
Well I’ve dramatically reduced the number of my (our) cookers, there are 5 bags of Lump and one bag of Weber briquettes in the SheShed. Nothing she said, just the orderly progression of the game that comes with 62 trips around the sun. It took a while—over 700-1500 days to reign it in.

She is/was right. I could walk away from it all-except green chile.

The word now is enjoyment.

Last edited:
Obsession, Compulsion, or Addiction?

I'd say neither, it's a passion, shared by many!

Great eats there Adams....

It occurs to me Addictions don’t go away, they’re replaced. I loved Copenhagen. For a long time. But the Dentist pulling my tongue off it’s hinges twice a year, poking prodding etc convinced me to give that up. What replaced Cope?? My Weber Chimney. I loved everything about Cope- selection, running fingernails or a Church knife under the metal rim. Opening and taking in the aroma.

Same with the Weber Chimney. Packing the coals just right. Lighting the cube. Placing the chimney. Watching the glow grow upward. I enjoyed my 11 month journey down the pellet cooker rabbit hole. I don’t miss it. No quality time with a chimney

I'm sorta in the same boat. Had 3 cookers, looking at a 4th. Realized I was getting out of control. Locked it down to a PK and a RecTec Stampede. Wish I had the same control with fishing gear. Easily 50+ fishing rods..both salt and fresh. That's my real weakness...

Regardless if it is a Obsession-Compulsion or Addiction it looks right to me.

My name is JermoQ...

I have an OBSESSION with BBQ. I have 2 pellet cookers, one cabinet smoker, and a cheapo grill smoker combo, a couple of bbq shirts, a bbq hat, a bbq apron, a membership to a BBQ organization (which happens to be awesome!!) 5 or 6 BBQ books including recipe books, several BBQ DVDs, a BBQ insulated cup, a BBQ sticker on my vehicle, and a desire to eat at all BBQ restaurants and vendors I see along my forward moving path.

This forum has cost me so much money.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back