THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

guerry, i'm cooking a from scratch ham for christmas.

was the added HDD hot to taste? or just opened the buds with enough heat to let all the flavors in.

it's for a group of people i don't want to hear ew! ew! ew! this is sooo spicey from.

to me, and i'm guessing you, HDD isn't all THAT hot.

As a glaze, it wasn't too hot to handle on the ham itself. The pan juices did have a little heat that someone sensitive to that might find a little strong, but for me it was great! The flavor of the rub really did compliment the glaze and wound up being an important ingredient. This HDD stuff is so versatile!

Absolutely beautiful. We did a pepper rind ham (like we do every Thanksgiving). One of my favorite things to eat of all time. It's good off the cooker, great in sammiches, slices with eggs, minced into omelets, and the last bits thrown with the bone into a bowl of white beans.

Excellent work sir! :clap2:

That is the finest looking ham sandwich I have ever seen! :thumb: Why didn't you two invite me over? :confused:

Also, are those...um..sun chips on Redhot's plate? :shocked:

Back