Oakridge game changer brine is legit

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I've already been sold on oakridge bbq rubs but figured i would run a test with game changer. Here is a side by side comparison.

This is my 2nd time using game changer. The first go i injected half a spatchcock chicken and decided it made a positive difference. This time i did a comparison of no injection, apple juice injection, and apple juice mixed with the brine and used as directed. The goal was to see what the brine does that the juice alone doesn't as ive already concluded that injecting improved flavor and texture.

I seasoned the breast with Oakridge game bird and chicken rub.

As i side note boneless breast were crazy expensive, i think 4 beasts were $9. I broke down a pack of bone in split breast i picked up for $5 and netted 4 breast filets and 4 tenderloins. Worth the effort.

I griiled the chicken on the weber kettle. Seared both sides and then slide away from the coals and cooked them indirect. The loner on the left was injected with apple juice and game changer. The right plate was control on top and apple juice injected below. For wherever reason the brined breast took longer to cook.

Becky and I tried each individual. Comparatively the control had the least flavor and the poorest texture. Juice alone was better but we were both most satisfied with the game changer injection. Further testing shall be done comparing traditional brines to game changer but after 2 runs im sold.

Tonight's test leftovers were turned into grilled chicken salad

I've only used it once myself so far other than some cfrazier77 had prepared. Never thought it would make as much of a difference as it did. I will definitely be doing it more. Nice review and the chicken looks great!

I use it on whole chickens. My youngest son always comments positively on my "briney chicken". He can tell a difference when I do and don't brine with it. Good stuff!

Dang that looks great Steve! I've had good luck with anything by Oakridge, I'll have to try their brine. Thanks for the review.

Thanks Steve. I use their rubs a lot and do have the brine but just have not used it. Guess I better get on the ball and brine something!

Great job. I trust your judgement enough to put that on my list of products to try. We grill boneless chicken very often, and anything to keep it moist is worth a shot.

Nice! I love Oakridge products.....will have to try their brine now! Will say I'm not a fan of Dominator, but that's personal preference and my disdain for cinnamon in BBQ, but all the others rock!

Ed

Nice! I love Oakridge products.....will have to try their brine now! Will say I'm not a fan of Dominator, but that's personal preference and my disdain for cinnamon in BBQ, but all the others rock!

Ed

I am surprised they use cinnamon in a comp rub. Its not that i mind it but it is a standout flavor that could offend some. Im using simply marvelous sweet seduction and cherry on ribs lately. Sweet profile but good.

Back