THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As for the Jalapeno powder, it and the Chipotle powder are those little, expensive jars from McCormick. I wasn't looking for it, but another spice, when I saw it. We'll see how it turns out, first time using it. I dabbed my finger in it, and really only noticed the heat, not much on flavor.

TG, never made or ate burnt ends. I guess I like the sliced point too much.

There's only two of us, so we'll eat some of this tonight, and probably tomorrow night. :mrgreen: I'll also vacuum seal some bags up and put them in the freezer for later on. I got a buddy and his girl that I usually toss a chunk their way too.

I'll probably slice it up around 3 pm. The wife likes to eat early enough to rest a little longer after eating before she has to get ready for work...

Outstanding looking brisket. Making me hungry and the wife hangry that I dont have one on right now. I guess ill head out and pick one up for tomorrow's cook. Cant wait to hear how yours turned out. Will be killer id bet from the looks of it.

Side note: I have a Humphrey's Pint and a CyberQ. I notice the temp runs high with the CyberQ running as well. If I just go old school, no issues at all. I know it isnt the Pint, that thing will hold temps like a wheel lock when the meter runs out. May mess with the atc a bit to see how it does before I go overnight.

Thanks Sean. Just my 2nd time using the Guru. I probably need to play with it more, but as was mentioned above, not much to worry about over less than 20 degrees...

I played with my atc, heater meter, and it had an option to rotate and close the intake to help control temp. It was fun for a few cooks. Has alarms and every option I could think of. Just not really necessary for my cabinet.

Where's the sliced pics?

Well, it turned out good. Not dry. Slightly crumbly at the edges, but passes the "bend without breaking" test. Not as much smoke ring as I thought I would get with the low and slow and straight from the fridge meat, but it's still there.

Wife likes it, but not as much as last time. I think I know why. What we ate tonight was from the flat. What we ate last time was the point...

Here's the pictures:

31206CD9-9AF6-49C3-A714-ABACB0E9B53E_zpsto4fngzz.jpg

C336E2B4-C817-46B4-9130-10987395CDC3_zpsphrznrrd.jpg

6D072D6E-A1FC-4D49-8157-953C7302C260_zpsnpcyluaa.jpg

F6FEFC8A-3637-4ADB-9F2C-B0F8DA2E2FED_zps2a7rzhhh.jpg

55E13DDB-E891-4C92-8C0E-9546F43DED00_zps0kpzgz0w.jpg

748C82AD-F8ED-4763-824A-6CFB72C03313_zps08c0jbma.jpg

Thanks for following along...

Back