THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
Lockdown is over... cocktails, friends & food. Decided on some aguachiles as an appetizer, had them in Mexico City. Oh, so good. Similar to ceviche, but a LOT spicier.

Juiced up 4 limes and added them to some shrimp, then into the fridge for about an hour.

uOXNqzqh.jpg

Meanwhile, juice another lime, S&P, couple cloves of garlic, big handful of cilantro & a couple of jalapenos into the blender for a whirl.

Add to the shrimp after they have been in the fridge for about an hour. A little frothy right out of the blender.

ZbGdyJAh.jpg

And back into the fridge for about another hour. Then slice up some cucumber & red onion for garnish and top the shrimp.

X0RfgOOh.jpg

I thought the jalapeno's weren't quite spicy enough, but the crowd loved them.

6jSkDNI.jpg

never had it but would hit it hard

You haven't had Tony and Maribel's? That's where I first heard of it and they've brought it to a couple of Bashes. That's where I first heard of it. Great stuff!

Looks great Andy, and keep something to read by the can tomorrow! :twisted:

You haven't had Tony and Maribel's? That's where I first heard of it and they've brought it to a couple of Bashes. That's where I first heard of it. Great stuff!

That's where I've had them a couple of times. So farking good!

Back