THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im' a vinegar based sauce person myself. To me it brings out the best in most pork, either vinegar or vinegar& mustard base. If I sauce beef it usually is a little sweeter than a vinegar base with a bit of bite to it. Ribs I like unsauced and the rest of the family likes the sweet sauce. Matter of fact they like the sweeter sauces on PP.

There is a Law of the Land no matter what region you live in. That Law says that too many ingredients spoil the sauce. If one ingredient covers up or modifies the taste of another that's WRONG. Save those 10 spice sauces for your friends that don't know Q from dog food. Leave those kind of sauces to the French, they don't know beans about BBQ. KISS

There is a Law of the Land no matter what region you live in. That Law says that too many ingredients spoil the sauce. If one ingredient covers up or modifies the taste of another that's WRONG. Save those 10 spice sauces for your friends that don't know Q from dog food. Leave those kind of sauces to the French, they don't know beans about BBQ. KISS

Really??? What "Law of the Land Book" is this written in???

No modification to the taste of ingredients from the influence of a different spice or herb? (Because that's what they do...they change or modify the flavors of other ingredients) Wow, I guess no apple cider in my sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper. Heck, I'll just pour straight vinegar on the pork and call it good for now on!!! And to think, I've always thought that it was about the "balance" of flavors??? I have obviously been doing it all wrong for all of these years!!!:tsk:

everyone just agree to disagree..Q styles are regional,always have,always will..guys i'm from the south AND enjoy all styles of Q..good Q is great,bad Q is awful..i've had both..give me a cook that has KC Q mastered over some rookie f'n up his memphis style..or vice versa..where ever any of yall call home and your finished product kicks ass,save a place at your table for me..and i WILL enjoy every bite..end this civil war please..in the end its the indian,not the arrow..peace brothers :drama:

everyone just agree to disagree..Q styles are regional,always have,always will..guys i'm from the south AND enjoy all styles of Q..good Q is great,bad Q is awful..i've had both..give me a cook that has KC Q mastered over some rookie f'n up his memphis style..or vice versa..where ever any of yall call home and your finished product kicks ass,save a place at your table for me..and i WILL enjoy every bite..end this civil war please..in the end its the indian,not the arrow..peace brothers :drama:

We prefer to call it the "War Between The Regions" in Alabama.:becky:

Amen Brother!!! I've eaten "Que" from all over the world and would eat most of it again!!! It's all about personal taste with out making it personal!!!

Yep. BBQ is extremely regional and will always be that way. But good BBQ is good BBQ no matter the regional style. I've eaten bbq from all the main regions of of America both good and bad in each one.

Ya'll Southerners just need to calm down and get past your foolish love of calling vinegar a sauce and get with the program and learn to love a real BBQ sauce, one that has a nice spicy sweet sticky flavor that just coats the meat in a velvety layer of flavor.

:becky: Of course, my BBQ is so good, sauce is scared to be near it, for fear of being shamed for the lack of flavor.

SMH. Northerners with no 'cue experience need to expand their taste palettes from Kraft sweet crap. I'm a big fan of Sweet Baby Rays and other bottled KC style sauces with sugar and ketchup, but vinegar sauce is good and people around here freak out when they hear vinegar is in my PP dip.
That is all.

/rant

I do a Peidmont sauce that is vinagar based but also has Sweet baby rays in it
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1980069052/m/8790077663

Ya'll Southerners just need to calm down and get past your foolish love of calling vinegar a sauce and get with the program and learn to love a real BBQ sauce, one that has a nice spicy sweet sticky flavor that just coats the meat in a velvety layer of flavor.

:becky: Of course, my BBQ is so good, sauce is scared to be near it, for fear of being shamed for the lack of flavor.

That's funny right there. I don't care who ya are. That's funny.:becky:

Back