THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw shipping costs but my thinking some history and one or two solid recipes it’s worth <$10. That said I didn’t order as I ordered a North Carolina book yesterday. The only bad review I saw had to do with the condition the book arrived in, not the content.

Interesting North Carolina BBQ article I saw this AM

Won’t post it here but google ‘North Carolina grievous sin: confusing grilling for barbecuing‘

You’ll get a chuckle. Old topic gets kicked around every winter.

My Lang Tru-Tel was installed in Nahunta , GA. Sometimes ya gotta set boundaries.

OZW1aRsl.jpg

Interesting North Carolina BBQ article I saw this AM

Won’t post it here but google ‘North Carolina grievous sin: confusing grilling for barbecuing‘

You’ll get a chuckle. Old topic gets kicked around every winter.

My Lang Tru-Tel was installed in Nahunta , GA. Sometimes ya gotta set boundaries.

LMAO...I saw this article yesterday and I have to be honest...politics aside someone who lives in NC should really know better than to put on such a charade.

I ordered the Sam Jones Whole Hog yesterday. I have no plans to ever cook a whole hog, but the author Daniel Vaughn is the BBQ editor at Texas Monthly and author of The Prophets Of Smoked Meat. I really enjoy his writing style. It was down to $16 yesterday

Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue with Recipes from Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ [A Cookbook] https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399581324/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iIqDFbEV6HVW0

Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue with Recipes from Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ [A Cookbook] https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399581324/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_iIqDFbEV6HVW0

The whole hog book is fantastic. One day I’m going to do it. Read a friend’s book. Waiting to find a copy on sale

And the banana pudding is killer. The recipe starts like this : “my momma’s recipe. So good you’ll want to rub it all over your face.” If that doesn’t say “make me” nothing else does.

I disagree with eating it warm like it says. Once chilled, woah!

Last edited:
Back