THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sausage balls. Seriously. Just made a double recipe (80+) for my office of 18 people. They didn't last two hours. Took <30 minutes to make & cook.

2 cups baking mix (Bisquik, Pioneer, etc.)
1 lb. of your favorite breakfast sausage
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese (or the cheese of your choice)

Mix all in bowl by hand until combined.
Pat & roll into quarter-sized balls and put on cookie sheet about 1/2" apart. Bake @ 375° for 12-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking.

I then let them cool for 10 mins. on the pan, then place into a sealable container with a paper towel or two in the bottom to absorb grease, which there is never much of.

I reheated them in the microwave for ~8 mins. on med-high. Came out just like they were fresh from the oven.

Very easy and always a big hit at parties.

here are 2. 1 super easy and 1 that takes a little more time. Both very good and you can use your rig to add some smoky flavor if you like

1) The Easy: get a baguette and slice thin, got get a boar's head panino (which is mozzerella or prevelone wrapped around salami. some have arugula in there too- they are all very good). SLice that thin and cook on a pizza stone until melted. A little smoke on these is very good. Finish with fresh basil and salt and fresh cracked pepper. They will be gone in minutes.

3942460A-B109-4875-A461-AF211D07ED62-1686-0000043C0A3A468D.jpg

2) A little more work but worth it: smoke a duck breast to med rare and slice it in matchsticks. take a baguette, slice thin, add a schmear of brie, then add a little dollop of fig jam, then pile on the duck on top with caramelized red onion. These are like crack:

DAB38A26-1281-4602-A77A-6F3310EE5C35-148-00000398AFEA44CA.jpg

These are very good (if not better) served cold so they are good for a party liek this.

Lots of great ideas above 8)

I love a "deconstructed" BLT dip/mix.
Fine chopped/diced bacon, lettuce, tomato mixed with enough Mayo/Miracle Whip for the purpose desired.
Also, a BLOT version--add fine chopped onion.

Killer with any sort of crackers, veggies, etc!
I also substitute cream cheese for the Mayo and stuff ABT's with it.

Mrs Kapn found some tiny baked appetizer cups about the size of a half-dollar at Fresh Market a couple of years ago. Makes a great "one-bite" appetizer. 8)

Defiantly "Quick and Easy" and darn Fine Eats!

Good luck and let us know what ya do--OK?

TIM

Back