THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpammyQ

Take a breath!
Had to have another meatfest for the guys, this time the excuse was Chris' birthday (not that we needed an excuse)

Fired up the drum and WSM and put a nice pork butt on the drum about 7:30am with some pecan and apple, rubbed with a mustard slather and some Willie B's I got in the last trade round. (good stuff, by the way) I didn't get the rubbed shot of the butt.

I've been wanting to cook up some MOINK balls (figured I might as well get my certification!) Here are the ingredients and the money shot.
100_1553.jpg
100_1562.jpg
Also on the menu were some ABT's. I stuffed these with cream cheese, a little rub and some pepperoni I chopped up in the food processor. The pepperoni was awesome in them. I highly recommend you try it if you haven't. Here they are waiting their bacon blanket.
100_1554.jpg
Ready to eat (sorry for the focus)
100_1563.jpg
For dessert, we had 3 different types of fatties. One mushroom, onion and cheese, one jalapeno and cheese, and another plain cheese. All were made with Farmland's Best sausage and rubbed before going in the cooker. I prefer the Jimmy Dean sausage, better flavor and better texture. I found the Farmland tended to split easily while rolling. Oh, I had to wrap one in bacon because it kept splitting on me. (NTTAWWT) :biggrin: It's the one on the left. Here they are being served:
100_1566.jpg
and pictures of the butt off the smoker and pulled. It was one of the BEST I've made. I love the flavor off that drum.
100_1571.jpg
100_1572.jpg
Everyone had a great time and loved the feast. Worked the calories off shooting darts and playing ping pong and Rock Band. Hope you enjoy the PRON.

Jim

Awesome looking spread there! I still haven't tried MOINK balls or ABTs yet, one of these days I am going to give them a shot.

Some good looking food Now im gonna have to go to the grocery store

For dessert, we had 3 different types of fatties. One mushroom, onion and cheese, one jalapeno and cheese, and another plain cheese. All were made with Farmland's Best sausage and rubbed before going in the cooker. I prefer the Jimmy Dean sausage, better flavor and better texture. I found the Farmland tended to split easily while rolling. Oh, I had to wrap one in bacon because it kept splitting on me.
Jim

Don't you just wish you lived next door. Fatties for dessert, ya gotta love it.

Nice looking spread.

What did you use for fuel on the drum? how much wood? Looks GREAT!

Used Royal Oak briquettes with 1 chunk of apple about fist sized and another of pecan the same. Drum settled in at 235 degrees for the duration of the cook.

On the MOINK balls and ABT's I used Kingsford with 2 fist sized chunks of apple, about 230 degrees.

Back