THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
So I went to local Costco this morning to pick up a Prime Brisket only to find out that all they have are Choice. I asked one of the Butchers and he said for some reason, that's all they're getting right now. Did I miss a Thread on this?

Same here. $3.99 for choice. I made one on August 12. The EST # was 21488, 16.5 lbs. It was good.

Yesterday pork back ribs were $2.99 a lbs, which was a nice drop. Spares were $3.79 or 3.89.

Haven't checked Costco in a while but, Sam's has never stopped by me. Of course it's across the country. Had a butcher at Costco tell me once whomever orders for them does weird stuff. They hadn't had prime briskets or any packers but, the others around them did.

Yes, you missed a couple threads on this. Apparently all the prime's are going to the mid-west, mostly Texas who already have plenty of options for Prime Brisket in their local area. Rob the poor to feed the rich i guess.

I'm just down the street from you, and I went into the Citrus Heights Costco last night because I needed to renew my membership. They had a huge bin full of choice grade packers.

Then I went to look at the Prime Beef section and low and behold they had several packers marked as Prime, priced at 4.29/lb... but all was not as it seemed. Labels were marked and priced as Prime, but flip them over and the cryovac VERY CLEARLY said they were in fact Choice...

Black Canyon brand angus choice if you can get 'em. Costco Business still has primes and choice.

I sound like a broken record but if you can get Black Canyon choice, you should definitely get it. I like it better than any commodity brisket I can find, regardless of grade, by a lot. I’m cooking a couple this weekend :thumb: I get them at Sam’s, and they are a National Beef brand.

Damn, glad i picked up a Prime packer at Sams for $3.78/lb a month ago and froze for a special occasion.

I sound like a broken record but if you can get Black Canyon choice, you should definitely get it. I like it better than any commodity brisket I can find, regardless of grade, by a lot. I’m cooking a couple this weekend :thumb: I get them at Sam’s, and they are a National Beef brand.

I've never seen Black Canyon anywhere around here.

Anyone get a Prime from Sam's around here?

Yes. I've gotten them recently at both the Citrus Heights and Roseville locations. The Sacramento and Folsom locations usually have them as well. $4.28/lb.

You can actually check online if your store or others in the area have them in stock.
https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...2523731?xid=pdp_carousel_rich-relevance.rr0_1

I've never seen Black Canyon anywhere around here.

I just got one of these at the Citrus Heights Sam's last weekend. They always have more choice packers than prime, but I don't always see the Black Canyon brand choice. Got lucky last weekend. Regardless of specific brand they all seem to be under the National Beef umbrella and I have found them to not only be better than the choice at Costco, but also cheaper at $3.68/lb vs $3.99/lb.

Yep they’re a National Beef brand, my Sam’s will often have IBP out in the coolers but have a case of Black Canyon/National Beef in the back they’ll get out if I ask specifically. They don’t always have them, though.

Back