THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I still haven't heard one way or the other from Jay whether I'm judging this one or not. After sending him three seperate e-mails I don't know what else to do. Oh well, I'll be there anyway to socialize Friday and maybe just hang with a team or two for the whole contest. Will & Doug, you guys better watch out :p.

Dave did you get my PM to you?

I guess that I'm NOT JUDGING this contest. I sent e-mails on the 2nd, 8th and 27th of February and haven't gotten anything back, not a yes, no, maybe so - or a "kiss my arse we don't want you". In each of the e-mails I included my mailing address and cell phone number --- no response :mad2:.
To say the very least I think that this is a pi$$ poor way to run a contest. Most folks that I know need more that a week's notice that they are in --- every other contest that I've judged has their judge's list finished about a month in advance (except for cancellations, of course).
I plan to spend most of the contest with Sticks-n-Chicks and Smokers Purgatory but I'll be out visiting, also.

I guess that I'm NOT JUDGING this contest. I sent e-mails on the 2nd, 8th and 27th of February and haven't gotten anything back, not a yes, no, maybe so - or a "kiss my arse we don't want you". In each of the e-mails I included my mailing address and cell phone number --- no response :mad2:.
To say the very least I think that this is a pi$$ poor way to run a contest. Most folks that I know need more that a week's notice that they are in --- every other contest that I've judged has their judge's list finished about a month in advance (except for cancellations, of course).
I plan to spend most of the contest with Sticks-n-Chicks and Smokers Purgatory but I'll be out visiting, also.
Susie and I will not be there either. This contest does not get very good reviews from judges. At Hallsville two judges at my table said they would never go back to NKC. Hope we run ino each other in the near future. keith

That is unfortunate.....
My entry is there.....hasn't been cashed yet...but when/if it does stop by and have a beverage!!! Would love to meet you!!

Would anyone have some extra disposable cutting boards they would be willing to sell me Friday? :becky: Don't think I have enough time to order them online.

Would anyone have some extra disposable cutting boards they would be willing to sell me Friday? :becky: Don't think I have enough time to order them online.

I will be out there with the bbqfans.com guys come by and we will see what we can do. We do plan on bringing a few cases out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Susie and I will not be there either. This contest does not get very good reviews from judges. At Hallsville two judges at my table said they would never go back to NKC. Hope we run ino each other in the near future. keith
This is the 2nd year I have applied before January to judge NKC and neither year was accepted. Not making the cut is not a problem, but the lack of respect shown was the pisser. After several emails sent in late Feb I finally received an answer yesterday (Mar 6), “If you haven’t heard by now you are not judging ”.I would rate NKC BBQ’s communication as some what less then the worst, worse then trying to getting an answer for a refund on a defective product.
I should not have overlooked the communication problems I experienced last year or the words of several judges this past year. The reputation has spread though out the MO-KS BBQ community and as with chickens this will in time come to roost

I am assuming they have 100% certified judges if they are turning CBJs down? If not, as a competitor(not this weekend), it doesn't sit very well with me.

Last year, Friday afternoon was cold and rainy so I stayed in the bowling alley, drank beer and bowled with Jeff Spurgeon. It was warm, dry and bottomless beer. Might do the same this year, although the weather won't be as bad. :becky:

Back